Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Elaine's Pick - The Crepe Vine Bistro



Location: Old Town Pasadena
Cuisine: French
Price per person with drinks: $25-$40
Website:
http://wwww.thecrepevine.com/
LIKE IT!!!
For the first "Try it, you might like it" Dinner Club meeting, I chose something close to home. This place is a warm, cozy, cute little French restaurant in Mills Place (next to Burke Williams). The atmosphere was absolutely lovely and they sat our party of 12 in the back booth. I had a taste of everyone's meal...because you know...that's how I roll. I think the best entree was the Mussells! Oh wait...and the escargot...wait also the La Mer Crepe...you know what, you name it, all the food was pretty good there and the company was fabulous. I highly recommend the place to got for a nice lunch or maybe to have some fine wine at the bar (they've got a good selection).



We ate so many mussells!!

MOULIN bananas, dark rum and vanilla ice cream....All gone but YUMMY!!

Since this is the first post on the blog, here are some details about the first meeting:
Everyone who went should post comments on this blog.
  • Please start off with "Like it" or "Don't Like it" and then talk about your experience.
  • Kim Bullock volunteered to be the next Dinner Club Host
  • Dinner Club will be on the 2nd Friday of every month
  • The host should email me at Layneeserendipity@gmail.com of the location and details 2 weeks before the next meeting so I can send the Evite out.
  • At each meeting someone should volunteer to host the next one
  • There is a 15 Maximum Capacity for each meeting since it's hard to get reservations. If we can add more to certain places, we'll definitely let you know. PLease be prepared to split the added gratuity in places that serve large parties
  • After the meeting. the host should go back to the "Try it, you might like it" Blog and start a new post so others can comment.
  • If you have questions, feel free to email me or call me (626) 676-0131.


Happy Eaters!! Elaine and Leilani!

See ya next time!

Elaine

8 comments:

Ethnic Arts and Facts said...

Like It

This is a nice place for drinks and a light dinner. The mussels is a must to order. The place is a bit small, so make reservations or come before 7:00 if you expect to be seated quickly. Would I visit this place again? Sure! You can either come with your significant other or a froup of friends! Great choice, Elaine!

Lillibeth Cawili said...

Like it!

But my dish was just eh for me. Everyone elses dish was awesome! Especially the mussels and my french onion soup. Makes my mouth wata...I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to go out during the day and have a nice sit down lunch but not at night, well maybe. The atmosphere was very intimate and low key. The company was great...it was nice meeting everyone there. Nothing but smiles all night. Love it!!

Sharleen said...

Like It

The Crepe Vine Bistro is a place to have dinner with your significant other or maybe even with a couple of good friends. I say a "couple" because the place is fairly small (even though they seated 12 of us).

The food was delicious. I had the MOULES MEUNIÈRE (classic mussels in a shallot, garlic and wine broth) and THE HUNCHBACK (served open face with filet mignon tips, mushroom, onion and gruyere). Both were delicious, but i have the say the Mussels were fantastic!

I would definitely revisit the Crepe Vine Bistro.

Unknown said...

I really liked this place. I had the La Mer crepe for dinner and the Nutella & Banana crepe for dessert, delicious! I also liked the ambiance of the place, it's very cozy. Ot was great to see everyone and look forward to the next dinner. :-)

Unknown said...

missed it. everyone likes the mussels. I DO NOT EAT MUSSELS. But if it's that good, I might try it if I"m ever in town.

Anonymous said...

Its an adorable restaurant, beautiful decor, cozy, and great ambiance. The food was great! I only had the french onion soup and the nutelta with banana dessert --which was out of this world. I hightly recommend the Bistro. Try it, you really might like it!!

Anonymous said...

Like it!
The mussels were so-o-o good, I had them twice...yes, the same night!
But watch out for parking in Old Pas. Use the parking lot at FairOaks & Green nearby.

Ethnic Arts and Facts said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlzooPBEMzk